Oct 20, 2013

My DISNEY Interview - Cultural Representative of Norway

I know, I've been bad again. 

But today I'm back to tell you about my interview with Disney yesterday!
I have previously told you that I have applied for a job at Disney World in Florida as a cultural representative of Norway, and yesterday I finally had my interview! I was so excited, haha! 
Sorry this post is really, really long!

I came across the job on a Norwegian website called nav.no and I applied Sunday the 22nd of September. The day after I had already gotten a mail telling me to call Stephanie for a Skype interview as quickly as possible. I called that same day. On September 30th, I got an invitation for the interview in Oslo.

Okay, so I startet out really badly by going to bed the night before way to late, and then on t
+op of that I couldn't sleep when I tried. The clock was about 3.30 am when I finally fell asleep, and I woke up at 6am by my self, half an hour before my alarm clock rang. So I got up, did my makeup, got dressed and drove to the train station. My train left at 7.38am, and I was supposed to meet at the Karl Johan Best Western hote in Oslol for a presentation and interview at 9.30, so it's safe to say I had a lot of time as it was only an hour by train.

On the train I actually met a person who I went to primary and secondary school with who was also going to the interview, so that made the time go alot quicker both on the train and when we were waiting. So at 10am we finally had our presentation. There were three Disney Employees from the US there, named Jill, Laura and Micheal, and also two girls from international services named Stephanie and Emélie from France. Stephanie is my contact when it comes to Disney, and whom I've gotten all my information from.

During the presetation the positions were explained. There are three different jobs, all of which is located at the Norwegian Pavillion of the EPCOT Sentre in Walt Disney World; Merchandise, which is basically selling merchanide, Attractions, where you run the attraction and help people in and out of it in the Norwegian Pavillion and Food and Beverage which is like a Waitress/Waiter position.

I placed Merchandice 1st, Attractions 2nd and Food and Beverage last. The pay is between $7.79 and $8.75 per hour depending on your position and you pay somewhere between $85 and $105 a week in rent, depending on the size of the apartment and how many coworker you share it with. The apartments are split between 2, 4, 6 or 8 employees and there are two people in each bedroom. Also, the rooms are split between girls and guys, and also over 21 and under 21 because of the legal drinking age in the States. In the rooms for underagers there is no alcohol permitted. If alcohol is found in an apartment everyone in the apartment will be sent home. 
Yes, it's that strict.

My interview was scheduled to start between 3pm and 4pm, but there was a little delay so I wasn't called in until half past 4, but that was okay, we were told to keep the entire day open. I think we were 50-60 people, and as far as I heard, everyone felt the interview went great, so that made it a little difficult to tell. 
I was interviewed by Laura who was so sweet! I got several questions about previous work-experiences, what I could bring with me to Disney, why I wanted to work there etc. I was also asked what I would tell about Norway to a person or group who had no previous knowledge of my country. After all, I will be representing my country when I'm there. That is, if I get the job, of course!

I really do hope I get it, it would be so much fun! And not very many people get permission to enter the US, so living there? Of course I would! We were told we would know if we get the job in the next couple of weeks so all I can do is wait. 
If I get the job, I'll probably make a blog about it, because when I applied for the job, I searched around for blogs, forums and such and it wasn't much to read. I found a blog that seemed promising, but she stopped blogging after a month in the US. There were no explanation either, but I think it could be of help to someone! Or for people back home to see how I'm doing =)

Again, sorry for the long post, haha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment