Dec 30, 2012

Review: NYC Metro Quartet Eyeshadow - Sandbar

I got this in the mail in September last year, and it took a good while before I started using it, but when I did, let me tell you, I used it alot, which is why I am going to write you a review now, in the middle of the night.

Here you can see the outer packaging and the shades. It's three neutral shades and a purple. You can even tell through the packaging that I've hit pan on two of the shades, haha!

NYC New York Color Metro Quartet Eyeshadow in Sandbar.

Here you can see all the shades, and I labeled them so you can tell the difference in the swatches. I didn't actually realize until now how much more pigmented shade 2 is compared to shade 1. Oh well, shade 1 is great for everyday with shade 4 as a highlight. It's become my go-to look, where I apply shade 1 all over the lid and into the crease, blend it out and apply shade 4 as a highlight in the inner corners and under the brow. 

 Here they all are swatched. It was a little hard swatching shade 3 and 4 since the pans are so small. The plan is to use up shade 1, 2 and 4, and then depot shade 3 and put it in a palette. I doubt I would use that as an everyday-color as I have done with the others. 

All in all I really recommend this palette. They are great shades, and you can make them appear pretty well with a primer underneath. They blend easily too. If you perfer bright colors then it might be for you, but the purple shade do have a pretty blue duo-chrome to it!


2 comments:

  1. Hi I'm Eli and Italian blogger and I just discoverd yours. Maybe you could come and visit my blog so we can follow each other.Eli

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good simple review! I love the colors. So pretty!! Thanks for posting!! :)

    ReplyDelete