May 1, 2013

Review: ELF Custom Eyes & Compact

Hi guys! I know in my last post which was 4 or 5 months ago I said I would start blogging more often, and I failed horribly! I've had so much to do at school but I'm going to try... Again!

Ok, so on the picture underneath you can see all the colours I have from the range. There are 14 colours to choose from on the ELF UK-website, while there are 18 on the ELF US-website. I have all the natural colors, except "taupe" which haven't gotten to the UK yet. Aubergine is the only one that really has a real colour too it, but the dark purple are not that colorful.

If you are intrested in these, they're on sale for only £0.45 on the ELF UK-site! As are the Custom Face and Custom Lips.
L-R
Ivory, Pink Ice, Wheat, Golden Glow, Drift Wood
Moon Dust, Mocha, Aubergine, Dusk

L-R
Ivory, Pink Ice
Wheat, Golden Glow
Drift Wood, Moon Dust

L-R
Mocha, Aubergine, Dusk

You can clearly tell the last three are the ones with the most colour-payoff. 
I think these are great! They're super cheap at only $1/£1.50 (£0.45) a piece, and the Compacts to put them in are the same price. The Compacts have 4 spots for the eyeshadows as well as a huge mirror which is great. The separator in the palettes are also super-easy to take out if you'd like to do that.

Here are two looks I created with eyeshadows from the ELF Custom Eyes. As I base I used the ELF Eyelid Primer. The colours will be even brighter if you use a sticky base such as the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils.
Here I used Dusk all over the lid, blended with Moon Dust and used Ivory as I highlight.

Here I'm wearing Aubergine in the outer V and the crease with Wheat all over the lid. My highlight is Pink Ice.

I actually have 7 of the compacts! They're great for travelling because of the size and mirror, and you can actually fit 5 or 6 eyeshadows in there!



These are definetly great value, even though the pigmentation isn't amazing on my hand, they are a lot better when you have a primer underneath. I really reccomend the ELF Eyelid Primer which is also $1/£1.50.

I'd say "Go for it!" They're cheap and very good for everyday =)

No comments:

Post a Comment