May 2, 2013

Review: ELF Cream Blushes

Hello! So far, so good when it comes to the blogging, haha! 

This time I will review the ELF Cream Blushes. I have three of them;
L - R
Tease, Heart Breaker, Vixen

If you're intrested they are $6/£6.50, but they are currently on sale for £3 on the ELF UK-website!
There are 5 shades on the US-website and 6 on the UK-site. The shade missing on the US-site is Vixen. I don't know if it's just sold out, or if it's not going to be sold there. I know UK gets their products from the US, so I would assume they're discontinuing the colour.

Here you can see the packaging. It's kindof bulky and big, but it's not really a problem for me.

Here you can see the swatches. Obviously the darker colours appear alot better on the skin, and I wouldn't reccomend Heart Breaker if your skintone is medium-dark, I don't know if it would show very well. But ofcourse, what do I know, my skin's almost white! 
I applied the swatches with my fingers, but I have used brushes to apply it to my cheeks as well.
L - R
Tease, Vixen, Heart Breaker.

Tease is a brownish coral-colour, and I think it would be really pretty on most people. It defiently has a warm undertone, and it is quite buildable.
Vixen is a red-colour that has a little hint of plum to it. I'd say this is a warmtoned-colour as well, and this can be built up ALOT! I don't think I would reccomend this if you're any lighter than I am, it might be too dark unless you are really careful.
Heart Breaker is a light baby pink, and I actually thought this would lean more orange when I bought it because that was what it looked like on the ELF-website. I don't really wear pink on my cheeks, I like orange, peachy and coral colours, but I have used it several times. 

All of the colours are matte, and you don't have to set them with a powder!

Here you can see the texture. It's not really a cream, it's more like play-doh. You can kind of see the texture in the pictures. 

I really like these blushes. They're great for everyday, but the packaging isn't really travel-friendly. I really like the product inside, though! I wish there were more shades, and the price is a little high for ELF, but definetly worth the price, at least for me here in Norway since we usually pay twice the price for a L'oreal blush anyways. In the US I know you can get makeup-products alot cheaper, so I don't know if it would be such a good bargain for you guys. Still a very intresting texture and I would definetly try them out.
Almost forgot to mention; they last pretty long on me, but of course that'll depend on your skintype !

Be sure to look up swatches online though, the ELF swatches aren't really that reliable. I'll give you an example:

These are both Heart Breaker. They don't look remotely the same!
The left one is from the ELF webstite, and what I thought I got when I ordered Heart Breaker. I have to say I was a little disappointed when I got it.


No comments:

Post a Comment