May 7, 2013

Review: Hema Makeup Base

Now, just be said, I don't know if this is avaliable anywhere else than in Holland, which is where I got it.


This is the packaging. It's a simple squeeze-tube and the packaging is all over fine. I don't remember how much this was, but it wasn't more than €5 I think.

This base claims to be mattifying, smoothing and calming, improves long lasting result of make-up and is for all skin types. I just have to say, this primer is crap.


Here's a swatch. The product comes out.
The product feels okay when you first apply it, but for a makeup base that claims to be smoothing, this applies unevenly, it makes my makeup look like crap, even the foundation that look really natural on my skin looks caked on and really strange with this underneath. 

I will definelty not repurchase this, I actually threw it away.
I have actually included this in a monthly favourites once, and I can honestly say I don't know what I was thinking. This is a shitty product, but don't judge the brand, I bought several other things from Hema that I love, but this one is not really good in any way. Maybe unless you were just using this without any makeup over it, but then, what would be the point of a base?

Don't pick this up, but if you love it, good for you!
I really perfer silicone-based primers like the ELF Mineral Infused Face Primer. I also want to try the primers from MUA. Have you tried them?
Which one is your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment