Jan 9, 2012

Check Your Cosmetics

You all know how everyone is talking about how important it is to throw out your makeup and skincare items after so and so many months, right?
Well, I have never been able too, because I don't remember how long I've had my stuff, but now it's gotten a little easier, and hopefully it will me even easier in a while!

And the reason for that is an App I downloaded from the Android Market called Check Your Cosmetics. 
When you write in the batch-code and press enter it will tell you when it was made, and how long the shelf-life is, as well as how many months to go. And the best thing? The app is FREE!

It doesn't work with every brand though, which is a shame. Maybelline and ELF is two of the many brands I'd like to have in the app, but what's there is better than nothing.
The brands it works with are:
Arnaud, Aveda
Benefit, Biotherm, Bobbi Brown, Body Shop, Borghese, Bvlgari
Carita, Chanel, Clarins, Cover Girl
Decleor, Dior
Elizabeth Arden, Estee Lauder
Garnier, Givenchy, Guerlain
Helena Rubinstein
IsaDora
Joe Blasco
Kanebo, Kiehl's
La Colline, La Mer, La Prairie, Lancaster, L'Oreal
MAC, Matis, Mavala
Phyto
Tom Ford
Vichy

As you can see it doesn't have alot of brands, but atleast for you MAC fanatics out there, it will work great!

No pictures of this though, as I can't take picture of my reflective phone-screen with my camera, but I really suggest you try the app, and you don't really have anything too lose (except old makeup) since it's free...

Are you good about tossing old makeup and skincare items?


No comments:

Post a Comment