Jan 18, 2012

DIY Cream Blush

I told you guys I would show you how to make your own cream blush, and this is how I do it. 

 You need:
A face primer, I'm using a sample of Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting touch I had laying around, and also a spatula if your primer is in a jar. Then you'll need a jar to keep your new cream blush in, an eyeshadow, blush or a lipstick in a colour you like and a bobby pin or something similar to mix it with.

Then you just take some primer and blush in a jar and mix it around. If you want a lot of pigmentation use a lot of blush and less primer and vice versa if you'd like a sheer blush.
I wanted mine pretty pigmented, and I added more blush after the picture below was taken.


Here are the watches of the blushes.
The swatch on the left is the cream and the swatch on the right is the original powder blush.
As you can tell the cream is blended and the powder is not.


Here I am, wearing the blush on my left cheek with nothing on my right cheek, so you can tell it gives a verry subtle pretty pink shade. At least mine did, since I chose a pink blush.
I am wearing foundation underneath, and it was not set with a powder before I applied the cream blusher.

You can also use it on your lips, but it depends on the primer you used if it will work or not. Here I applied a thin layer and you can see it gives my lips a pink tint, and it actually looked very natural.

OPTION:
If you wanted to use a lipstick instead of an eyeshadow or a blush you can either pick take the bullet out of the container and cut from the bottom so you can use it as a regular lipstick later or scrape out a piece of a depotted lipstick or bullet. Then the rest is basicly the same, just keep in mind that it will take a little longer to mix the lipstick with the base. I have done it though, I used an orange lipstick and it will be perfect for summer.

Another thing is if you have a very chalky, or unpigmented (?) blush then turning it into a cream will make it easier to work with, and it will also make it seem more pigemented if you use a lot of blush with less primer.

And that was it for this time!
Thank you for reading, and I hope you will try this out, because it's awesome!

3 comments:

  1. Nice post :) I normally just use the lipstick straight frome the tube without blending it with primer, that also works :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, but I usually find them a bit to pigmented, especially the stronger colours :) But with tinted lipbalms it works great ^^

      Delete
  2. I have only tried with quite pale shades but yeah a bright red would probably be too pigmented :)

    ReplyDelete