Feb 20, 2012

Review: ELF Duo Eye Shadow Cream

Have any of you tried this?

Here's the packaging.
The shades I have are Black Licorice and Coffee and Cream.
They are both very pigmented, they're easy to work with and all that, but there's one problem:
They crease like crazy! It's such a shame because the colours are beautiful, there's a decent selection of colours too.

As you can see the white shade is the only one that's a little patchy, other than that they go on super smooth and pretty. As I already said, they fail massively as cream shadows because they crease so bad, but they are great as a coloured cream base for your sheerer eyeshadows. Just keep in mind that you need a very thin layer.

If you need a base, go for it.
If you're looking for a cream shadow to be worn alone you should stay away, try the Studio Cream Shadows instead, they're great. 

3 comments:

  1. I own two of these. I feel that they still crease too much even when I use it under powder shadow as a base. It really is too bad because they look really pretty when first applied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, excactly :) They don't crease on my if I apply them very thinly and set them well with powder :)

      Delete
  2. Its too bad they crease because they are gorgeous colors & So pigmented!
    Following you!! Id love if youd check out my blog and follow back!
    xoxo Kelsey

    ReplyDelete