Feb 13, 2012

Review: ELF Studio Blushes

The review of the day will be on the Studio Blushes from ELF. I have two shades, and I'm planning to get more in the future. You can see the packaging in the picture below. It's an almost matte black backaging, kind of NARS-ish, with a peek-though window in the top which I really like. That was you can see what colour it is without having to actually open it.


On the backside of the packaging there's also a sticker saying the name.
The shades I have is Blushing Rose and Gotta Glow.


As you can tell from the sticker the blush containts 4.8g / .17oz of product which is quite alot. For comparison a regular MAC blush containts 5.9g / .21oz as far as I could figure out. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Something I did notice thuogh, is that while the sticker on the back says 4.8g the ELF website claims it contains 4.75g, but I guess it doesn't really matter. Just something they should think about.

Here is the shade Blushing Rose. 
As you can tell this has quite som golden shimmer to it, but it doesn't at all look glittery or overly shimmery on my skin. I really like this shade, but it is more of a fall and winter colour than spring and summer because it is a rather darkish berry colour. I don't have any problems with this on my skin though.

Here are the swatches.
Left one is blended and the right one isn't.

And here is Gotta Glow. It looks a little white in the pan, but it is actually a little golden. It has some golden shimmer to it too, so if you're not fond of shimmery or golden highlighters you will not like this. I quite like it, but it is a little strong for daytime I think. I perfer a more subtle shade for everyday. 

Here is the swatch. I had a hard time catching this shade in a photo, so this will just have to do for now.
At leas there you can see the golden tones in it.

I really like these blushes and I'm planning to get Peachy Keen and Candid Coral as well. Maybe I'll pick up one of the pinks as well. This blush costs $3 or £3.5 depending on where you get it from. If you get it from the EU/UK site like I have to it's £3.5. How ever it's still a very cheap blush. 
It's got good quality and pigmentation. Sometimes I wish the highlighter shade was a little less pigmented, but it's easier for me to apply less than for someone who's darker to apply it over and over again to get some colour.

Definetly reccomended as well !

No comments:

Post a Comment