Feb 9, 2012

Review: ELF Studio Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

Today I'm doing a review on the ELF Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 20.
This is from the studio-range which means this cost $3 or £3.5. If you buy it from the Spanish site it's €3.50.
You can buy it from here (UK), here (US) and here (ES).

Here's the packaging.

On the UK site there are 7 different shades, and I got nude which is the second to lightest shade, but I should have gotten Porcelain which is the lightest. Nude is described as "fair to light with a neutral balace of yellow and pink" but this is a little to dark and a little to yellow, almost orange on my skin. That's wierd, because I usually use beige and yellow-toned foundations and they tend to mach my skin very well.

If you wonder what shades to get go to the UK site and read the descripitions, because the US site haven't written that down.


The packaging is a sqweezy-tube and it contains 20g/0.7oz of product which is about 2/3 of what a regular foundation contains. When you think about the price it's a nice amount, especially when you don't manage to pick out the right colour... Hopefully it will mach me better in the summer-months when I hopefully get a little bit of a tan. I can make it work now too, but it's just too much work and I do look a little strange.


As for the staying power and such it is very good.
I don't have a lot of experience with tinted moisturizers, but this is very nice. It didn't break me out, and I have acne-prone skin so that's great. I do want to mention that I have normal skin, and that I set it with a powder.
I've never actually try to wear it without setting it. The consistency is pretty thick though, as you can see, but at least for me, that's not a problem.

I really recomend this, but I would also suggest you get a shade lighter than what you think, because in my oppinion this shade isn't for fair to light, but rather light to medium...

If you want to try out a tinted moisturizer then this is cheap, and if you don't like it you wont waste to much product.

No comments:

Post a Comment