Feb 11, 2012

Review: H&M Silk Smooth Foundation

I decided to post another review today, just because I'm in a really good mood after I went bowling with some friends earlier today, and now I'll be going to my boyfriend to sleep over there.

This time the review is on this foundation:

It is from the Swedish clothingstore H&M which means this is avaliable in pretty much the whole world I think. I got mine for 39NOK when I bought it the first time, while I paid €1 the second time when it was on sale in Amsterdam this summer. It contains the regular 30ml / 1 oz as most other foundations do.


The foundation is very soft, and it says "new formula" on it, but I don't know if that's true anymore, because it's been there for forever. The formula is great though. It's easy to blend, and has a light to medium coverage I think. The shade-selection is not that great though. I have the lightest shade, and it matches me just fine. It's not perfect, but it's not that bad. It's perfectly usable. The formula is a little thick, so it doesn't slide around on your hand like my IsaDora and Maybelline foundations do.


The shade has some yellow undertones to it which is what I perfer for my skintone. I wish I had something I could compare this to, but I don't. I'm usually the lightest shade in everything, though, if that helps you.

When I got this I was a little afraid it would bother my skin and give me a break-out, but it didn't, and for a foundation this cheap that is awesome! For the packaging it's just a regular squeeze-tube. It's easy to handle, but I do perfer a pump. This doesn't leek or anything though.


In general I really like this for my normal, but acne-prone skin. It stays on when I set it with a powder which I always do. I really reccomend it, and you should definetly try it out, atleast for the price you can't really go wrong. And if the shade is a little off you can correct it with a powder or something.

Definetly a hit for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment