Oct 19, 2011

Fall Trend: Bold Brows

One of the big trends of fall/winter 2011/2012 is bold brows, or strong brows if you'd like.
I was surfing the net last night, and I came across a list of makeup-treds for fall and winter, so I thought I'd do a few posts about this. First off is Bold Brows, and here's what the looks is about:
This picture was taken with a blitz, so it's nnot as defined and bold as they are in real life, but there will be a couple more pictures though out this video so you can see it better.

This is a very simple look to do, but I don't think you should pair it with the pin-up liner like I did, but I didn't feel like taking my makeup off... I used 3 products for this, a brow pencil, two eyeshadows and a coloured brow gel.
On the top is Viva la Diva's Eyebrow Pencil in 32 Macchiato which looks pretty natural with my natural browcolor and complexion. Next is ELF Eyebrow Treat and Tame in the colour light. In the eyeshadow quad I used a mix of the two middle colours (top left and bottom right). The eyeshadows I used are both from Isadora's Matte Chocolates pallete.
The way I did this was first fill in my brows with the pencil, then I set it with a mix of the two colours. Lastly I set everything with the Treat and Tame.
It didn't take that much time to do, but it is a look that is more on the strong side, but it is wearable at the same time, just don't wear to much makeup with it, keep the rest natural. There are a few things to keep in mind if you're going for this trend though; not too thick and not too dark. You don't want to end up with sharpie-eyebrows.

I don't think this is a trend I'll go for this fall, it's a bit too much with the super bold eyebrows, I feel a bit strange. I'll rather rock some of the other trends this fall, like the Pin-Up liner, or a red lip. Those trends suit me and my personality so much better than this one, haha!


That's it for this time, guys!
Is this a trend you'll rock this fall and winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment