Oct 27, 2011

Newspaper Nails

On monday I tried the Newspaper Nails that's been all over youtube lately, and I am going to tell you how to do it! How nice am I? Right! Haha...

For this I used Rubbing Alcohol that I poured into a small bowl.
For nailpolishes I used IsaDora Second Nails as a basecoat, H&M's nailpolish in Daisy, which is a light gray colour and IsaDora Quick Drying Topcoat.
 You will also need 10 pieces of paper, big enough to cover your nails.
What I did, was I applied my basecoat and two coats of a light grey polish. You can chose what ever colour you want, just make sure the black inc from the newspaper will show up.

You have to let the nailpolish dry COMPLETLY before you dip either your nail or the piece of newspaper in rubbing alcohol. I found it didn't really matter which method I used, but don't let the alcohol dry while you press the newspaper to your nail. If you do, some pieces of newspaper might get stuck to your nail.

After you've dipped in rubbing alcohol, put it over your nail and press it down to get the inc to transfer. 
Then you can take off the newspaper and put on a topcoat right away, because the inc will rub off very easily.
I suggest applying a new layer of topcoat every day if you don't want the inc to dissapear.

Here's the result I ended up with:
The inc that gets on your skin will easily wash off when everything's dry.

I also did this with pictures from the newspaper. These are part of the cartoons in the back.


That's it, guys!
Will you try this?

No comments:

Post a Comment