Oct 15, 2011

Review: Manly 120 Palette

Hi guys! I wanted to do this short review before I went to bed, so I'll be quick!

Ok, so this is the famous 120 Palette. I have the one from Manly, but they're pretty much all the same, except the logo on the front. Obviously, this has 120 different eyeshadows in it, and they are pretty small, but if you have the 88 Palette by any brand, these are a little bit bigger than that with almost 1.25 grams pr. eyeshadow.
I quite like this palette, it's very convenient, and it's very cheap! If you compare to a MAC eyeshadow, which is $14.50 for 1.5 grams, these are not even close to the price! Say, if you paid $19.90 for this entire palette, and that's less than 2 cents for each shade!

I also decided to do some swatches, so please enjoy!
As you can see, there is a shade missing in two of the pictures. I'll take new pictures of these when I have the chance, and if you read this post, and I still haven't changed the pictures, let me know, ok?

On to the swatches! You can probably see that most of the shades are very pigmented, and all of the pictures where taken without a base, and with flash! Meaning, if you use a base they will pop more, and the flash also washed out a lot of the colors. They were also applied with a finger.

But basicly, this palette is AWESOME! It's totally worth all of the money, even if half of the shades arrive broken! In my palette only two where, and I just used my finger and pressed it back in there, so it was fine.
I have heard that you should NOT press these with alcohol though, so if you do that, that's your own risk.

The colors are good, there's a good variation of matte, shimmer and metallic. In some of the swatches with shimmer, the colors are actually matte.

But I'd say go for it!

You can buy this palette in different versions HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE
There are probably way more sways you can buy this, e.g from Ebay, but these are the ones I remembered..
I bought one of the HERE's in the middle, but I don't really remember which one....

There's also different versions of this palette, but I have the first one.

2 comments:

  1. Still need to update the swatches! XD but i so so so sooooo want this...shame im from england XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right, haha ! I'll update them in the morning :) Why is it a shame you're from england? :O I got mine for $19 with free worldwide shipping :)

    ReplyDelete