Jul 11, 2013

My Everyday Brushes / July 2013

There's been a long time since I did my last Everyday Brushes-post. It was actually back in October 2011, and as it's one of my most read posts ever, I decided to do an updated one.

Like in my last one, which you can read HERE, I'm going to section the pictures into face- and eyebrushes, and most and least used. 

Here they all are in their glory! It's a mix between ELF, Sigma, Everyday Minerals, Joursna and H&M!

These are my most used eyebrushes. No matter what I do for a look this is mostly what I use.
L-R
H&M Little Eyeshadow Brush - I use this to apply precise color, highlight my inner corners and also smudge eyeshadow under my eyes. If I want a defined browbone highlight I will also use this brush.
ELF Professional Eyeshadow Brush - I use this to place eyeshadow on my eyelid and also sometime to blend a little.
Sigma Blending Brush E25 - I use this to apply color into my crease. Sometimes I blend and apply a highlight with it, but that's more rare.
Sigma Tapered Blending Brush E35 - I use this to blend my eyeshadows, and also sometimes to highlight my browbone.
Sigma Large Fluff Brush E50 - I could basically do my whole look with this, but I mostly use it to blend my eyeshadow with the highlight color or apply highlight. Also to sweep some color onto the lid if I'm in a hurry or don't really want to do much with my eyelook.

Here are my most used Eyebrushes. These are the ones I usually reach for.
L-R
Everyday Minerals Eye Kabuki - I use this alot to apply concealer when it is in a pot, and also blend foundation if it's a smaller area.
Joursna Round Top Kabuki - This is what I've been using to apply my L'oreal Matte Morphose foundation as the brush fits into the opening of the jar. It's the right size and desity to blend it in perfectly.
Joursna Stippling Brush - I use this to apply my mineral blushes which I have been using alot. It is a little shorter than the ELF one so I feel like I get a little more control.
Sigma Powder/Blush Brush F10 - This is what I have been using if I'm using a powder, and with pressed blushes. It does shed a little, but it's the only brush I have with this shape and size. 
If you have any dupe-suggestions then let me know!


Then there are my less used brushes.
Everyday Minerals Blending Brush - Even though this is an eyebrush, I've been using it to apply highlighter to my face when I want it to be very precise. Sometimes I also blend my eyeshadows with this instead of the Sigma, depending on which is clean and closest.
ELF Stippling Brush - I have started to use this more for powder now as it's a little bigger and longer than the Joursna-version. If I just want a little touch of powder I use this instead of the Sigma F10.
Sigma Tapered Face Brush F25 - The few times I use bronzer or contour I'm using this. It doesn't happen to often though, haha.

That was it, guys! I hope you enjoyed it =)
Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Me and Lisa just discussing brushes so glad I read this lovely collection

    Carrieanne x
    http://beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete