Jul 27, 2013

Review: L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream (Nude Magique BB Cream)

This is the only BB Cream L'oreal has released in Europe, but they have two in the US where they have one called Youth Code as well. This, however is the American version of the BB Cream which is known as the Nude Magique BB Cream here in the EU. The reason mine is the American is because I needed the "fair" shade which isn't avaliable here, where we can only get "light" and "medium".

In this review I will mention them both, but apart from a few differences they are actually pretty much the same.

To the left is the European packaging while the American is on the right.
You can see the European has a little more text on the front and it also seems a little longer than the American version. The American one also has a little color around the name to show what shade it is. The other shades have darker color as you can see by the pictuer below which displays the color Deep.
(Picture from L'oreal)


I think I perfer the packaging of the American kind, but that's just my preferance. It just looks a little more clean and simple. They both contain 1oz/30ml which is the regular amount for most foundations.

Here are the claims of the American BB Cream. The Eurpoean one is the same, except is has SPF 12 which I think is great.

Both the BB Creams has the same type of nozzle. I find it very easy to control and I like this.

Here are the BB creams. I find it very intresting that the American BB Cream is thicker in consitency than the European BB Cream is. I don't mind the thicker consitency but find it a little easier to apply actually as it's not running while putting it on my face.

Here you can see the huge difference in color. 
American BB Cream in the shade Fair to the left and European BB Cream in Light to the right.
You can see by the color of my skin that Light is obviously too dark and orange. I can mix the two if I get a tan, but atm I haven't been able to use the Light shade on it's own. You can adjust the shade a little bit, though. As they have the so-called "Smart Capsules" which are basically beads of pigment in a white liquid you can get a lighter shade by not bursting all the beads. If you are very light handed or use a brush then it might work, but I perfer to use my hands.
Also, after trying my friend's BB Cream in medium, I found they are the exact same shade, but the Medium-shade is actually LESS orange-toned than the Light is!

I really like the formula. I don't have to set it with a powder, and it still lasts a long time on my skin. Keep in mind I have normal to combination skin though! If your skin is oily I would suggest a powder on top and a good base underneath.

I do really reccomend this BB Cream! I like it so much, and just the face that I ordered it off of ebay to get the right shade in the first place is a good indication I think.

Thank you so much for reading guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment