Jul 19, 2013

Review: ELF Tone Correcting Concealer

Today I'm writing a review of the Tone Correcting Concealer for ELF!

The packaging is really simple and easy to use. The tube contains 2.4g which is about half of a regular lipgloss. This costs $1 in the US and £1.50 in the UK and Europe. Even if it's tiny it's also really cheap, and it can be bought from eyeslipsface.com and eyeslipsface.co.uk, i addition to ikatehouse.com and probably target.com as well.

It has a standard doefoot applicator which makes both application and getting the right amount very easy.

I have the lightest shade, Ivory, and the 3rd to lightest accoarding to the webiste which is Rosy Beige. I would say light beige is darker than Rosy Beige, though. In total there are 7 shades avaliable (Ivory, Light Beige, Rosy Beige, Apricot Beige, Honey, Spice and Toffee)

I have had this concealer before in Rosy Beige and I used it all up and I decided to repurchase. If you saw my ikatehouse haul, then you know I bought 4 of these babys, and I think that is saying alot! In addition to being cheap and easy to use is has a decent coverage for everyday. I don't like full coverage concealers because I think it can easily look a little fake and made up. As I have a lot of redness both on my cheeks and my chin and tend to use a concealer a medium coverage is more natural.

Here are the shades. Ivory on the bottom, Rosy Beige on the top.

I must say I perfer Ivory to Rosy Beige because of the yellow undertone. Because I have so much redness the yellow undertone does a better job at concealing it, but I can defiently use Rosy Beige too with no problem, Ivory is just my personal preferance.
The lasting power is decent, but I like to set them with a powder to make them last even longer. If you're a concealer junkie as I am, then I really reccomend it, but not if you have major blemishes and spots. It's great as an undereye concealer too, as it's creamy and it dries on it's own after a little while if you perfer not to use powder under your eyes.

That was it for now, guys! I will see you in my next post!
Thanks for reading, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment