Jul 3, 2013

Review: L'oreal Matte Morphose Soufflé Foundation

Today I am going to do a review of the Matte Morphose foundation from L'oreal! As you can see on the packaging L'oreal claims this foundation will provide a 12 hour lumious matte finish and make pres and wrinkles look smoother. First thing; isn't luminous and matte opposite finishes? 

Yeah, though so. But anyway, keep on reading if you'd like to find out whether I like this or not.

 The packaging looks like this. It's a glass jar with a bright pink lid and the writing on the bottom of the jar so you can store it upside down. The foundation is thick enought so that it doesn't slip and slide around the jar.

I picked shade 110 Rosy Ivory which is the lightest shade avaliable here in Norway. I am not sure how many shades there are, but I've heard from 7-12 depending on the country I believe. Another thing to note is that this foundation does not contain the usual 1oz/30ml, it's only 1/3 of the size. You do only need a little bit with each application though, so it will last you a long time.

The formula is really soft and fluffy, and it feels great on the skin! When I first got this I didn't use it too much and I wasn't a huge fan of it either, but now I'm loving it, and I've actually hit pan which is so exciting!

I perfer to apply this foundation with a brush. This is by Joursna, but it's pretty similar to the round top sigmax-brush by Sigma I think, even if I don't have that brush so I can't be a 100% certain.

Here you can see the color. It looks a teeny bit dark, but when blended out it's perfect! The formula so smooth and great, and I don't like to set this with a powder. I did when I first got it, but I've found out it's kind of hard to make this not look cakey with a powder on top. With just the foundation alone it's fantastic though! Oh, and it blends like a dream! It's just amazing, it glides on like nothing else.

Here you can see the foundation blended out. It doesn't look to dark, it just adds a little warmth to my skin which is awesome as I'm really pale. The wear is pretty good as well, it lasts very well for 6 hours, and even after 10 I can still feel the nice touch of the foundation on my face. It has medium coverage I would say, and since I have quite a bit of redness and acne it's perfect for my everyday-foundation.

I really like this foundation, and it's been my go-to for over a month now! I am not sure if I will repurchase though, as I have so many others to go throught, but I might go back to this when I'm running out of my others.

Thanks for reading guys =)
Have you tried the Matte Morphose Foundation?


No comments:

Post a Comment