Jul 15, 2013

Review: ELF Contouring Blush and Broning Powder - St. Lucia

Hey there =) Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Today I'm going to review the ELF Blush/Bronzer Duo, and for a long time I didn't really like this. I found the blush too pink and I don't really use bronzer as I'm too fair and there's a touch of shimmer in it. 
Have my oppinion changed, though?

The packaging is very nice and sleek. It supposedly looks alot like NARS's packaging, but I don't have anything from NARS so I can't compare. 

As for the colors they are also supposed to be a dupe of NARS's Orgasm/Laguna Duo, but again; I can't compare. The blush is a pinky peach with some nice shimmer too it, and the bronzer is a very nice shade of brown with a touch of shimmer as I mentioned. For blush I like a little bit of glow/shimmer and I'm not a huge fan of shimmer in a bronzer. If you blend it enough of brush your fingers over it, however, almost all of the shimmer disappears. 

Here are some simple swatches. They are not too pigmented which is good for me who's so fair and they are buildable.


Here I used a pretty full coverage foundation on my face too erase all redness so you can see how the blush and bronzer performes. I hope you can see this, but the blush and bronzer is used on the right side of my face. I used the E3-method and applied the blush a little higher on my cheeks like I usually do. 

I have really grown to like this duo, so I'm actually bringing it with me to Spain! I figured as I might go out clubbing and hopefully get a tan I might enjoy having a bronzer with me. And as fot the fact that I thought the brush was too pink is because I have redness in my skin, but when I manage to cover all of that up, the color is very nice and it doesn't look like I have rosacea either.

I've really grown to love this little duo and I think I might pick up the other colors that has become availiable since I got mine! This little beauty is $3 from eyeslipsface.com and £3.75 from eyeslipsface.co.uk. There are also two more shade-selections avaliable; Antigua and Turks and Caicos.

FUNFACT: Did you know the capital of Turks and Caicos is called Cockburn Town? Yupp, haha!

Thanks for reading guys =) I hope you liked this little review and that you'll stop by again soon for more reviews and makeup looks! Maybe also follow by blog through Bloglovin or Google Friend Connect? =)



2 comments:

  1. these look like grate colours but like you I'm not keen on shimmer in bronzer.

    haha no way is there a place called that hthat is so funny.

    beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, but the shimmer pretty much disappears if you tap of your brush =) I know, I had a really good laughter when I heard xD

      Delete