Jun 11, 2013

Overview - My Foundations

This is part 1 of 2 parts. The next part will be Overview - My BB Creams! Look out for that, it will hopefully be posted in not too long!

Here are my foundations.
ELF Mineral Foundation - Light (0.01oz / 2.84g)
Max Factor Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation - 45 Warm Almond (0.40oz / 11.5g)
L'oreal Matte Morphose Soufflé Foundation - 110 Rosy Ivory (0.68oz / 20ml)
H&M Silk Smooth Foundation - 10. Pastel Beige (1oz / 30ml)
IsaDora High Performance All-Day Foundation SPF 12 - 00 Diamond Beige (1oz / 30ml)
Maybelline SuperStay 24H SPF 19 - 010 Ivory (1oz / 30ml)

These swatches are without flash inside.

L-R
ELF Mineral Foundation
L'oreal Matte Morphose Foundation
Max Factor Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation
IsaDora High Performance Foundation
Maybelline SuperStay 24H Foundation
H&M Silk Smooth Foundation

These are taken inside with a flash.

In all of these foundations I have the lightest shade avaliable where I live. You can clearly tell some of the shades (H&M) are a lot darker than some of the others. I can make these work around the year, and I wouldn't say either of these are full coverage, but I don't need it. They are all slightly buildable, and all drugstore-foundations here in Norway. 

IsaDora is a Swedish brand, so I don't know if it is widely avaliable around the world, but I think you can get it online. This one is my favourite I think. It has a dewy finish when applied, but it dries down a bit. I like to wear a powder over it, but unless you have oily skin, I don't think it's really necessary. This is pretty yellow-toned which you can see in the swatches. Great thing: it has SPF. Just SPF 12, but still, it's better than nothing which is what I usually use! This is also the lightest and the best match from my skin, with the exeption of the mineral foundation. 

Speaking of the mineral foundation from ELF, I wish it had more coverage. I mean, it's basically a powder with a tint to it, I don't think it covers very well at all, even if I use my ELF Powder Brush with it. I've ordered the ELF Mineral Powder Brush, so we shall see if that makes a difference, but I doubt it as it is a very fluffy brush.

L'oreal Matte Morphose foundation is great for just slapping on. As it has a mousse/soufflé-texture, I don't feel like I need to set this with a powder unless I want to, especially since it dries down matte. I quite like this, and it's very easy to apply.

Max Factor, again, is not avaliable in the US as they are not allowed to import it for some reason. This foundation is great. It is a little on the dark side for me, but it's still lighter than the H&M foundation, and I can definetly make it work. I really like this, and it glides on super smoothly!

Maybelline SuperStay24H is a foundation I haven't worn in quite a while. It's great that it has SPF, even if 19 is a really random nummber! It applies nicely, and I can't remember hating it, so it's probably okay!

Last is the H&M Silk Smooth Foundation. I love the formula and the pricepoint, but it is a little too dark, even when I'm "tan". I never get tan. It is a little sheer, though, so I can make it work, and I think the tube is near half-empty which is exciting!

Here's my face with all 6 foundations on!
On my forehead I have the H&M foundation, ELF Mineral Foundation on my nose, and the Maybelline foundation on the top of my left cheek. On the bottom of my left cheek and left part of my chin is the foundation from Max Factor. On the bottom of my right cheek and the right side of my chin is the L'oreal Matte Morphose, and lastly on the rest of my right cheek is the IsaDora foundation.

I'm doing a video to go with this post where you can see me applying the foundations. I'll post the link here when it's up! 

If there are any of these you'd like a full  review on, let me know and I'll try to get it up as quickly as possible =)

No comments:

Post a Comment