Nov 8, 2011

Review: Viva la Diva Lipsticks

I have already done a review on these lipsticks on my youtube-channel, but that was before I got a proper camera, so the video is very bad. Here is a blogpost about them with swatches both on lips and on my hand.
Here is the packaging. I think it's very pretty with the small gems on the cap and the logo. It's also got a sticker at the bottom with number and name, but it also says the name on the sticker with the barcode.

The colours are, left to right:
Hard Rock Sweetie
Really Pink
Vampire Red
Cream Coral
Hot Tulip

All off these colours are very soft and smoothe, they're not frying at all, and they contain Vitamin E to help soften and moisturize your lips. The only exception might be Really Pink. It's got shimmers, or glitters, in it, and therefor it wont go on as smoothly as the others. The lipstick is still very comfortable on the lips, though.

LIPSWATCHES, haha!

This is Hard Rock Sweetie.
It is a cream finish, and the colour is kind of milky baby pink, and it's very pretty, but sadly it's not the easiest colour for me to wear.

Really Pink is a very bright pink with a lot of shimmer. 
Very pretty as well, but not as wearable as the rest.
A little too "In your face" for my taste, at least for everyday-wear.

Vampire Red is the best red I've ever used in the lipstick form. It's so smoothe, pigmented and just wonderful.
I haven't noticed any noticable blue or orange undertones to this, but I might be wrong. 
Very, very bright, so for school and everyday I like to wear something a little more subtle.

Cream Coral is obviously a coral colour, but it's a very orange coral.
For a while I didn't like this on me when worn alone, but it's grown on me, and now I really like it. 
Shame I wont really be able to wear it until summer comes around again...

It is a red, but it's got a slight pink tint to it. it's a wearable colour if you like bright colour.
It's a good thing it's not too bright, because this could be a bit over the top, at least for a lot of people out there.

I love these lipsticks. They are fairly cheap as well, I paid 60 NOK for these, so around $10. Here in Norway this is pretty cheap for a lipstick, considering we pay twice the price of this for a L'oreal lipstick.

They are pigmented, smoothe, I haven't noticed too much feathering or bleeding with these either, sot that's great! The only downfault is that Viva la Diva is a Swedish brand, and not very widely availiable. Of course, you could probably get these online if you want to.
They have a great variaty of colour too, all the way from bright red to black and purple. There's also a bunch of nude colours and light pinks if you prefer that, so go for it.

Definatly worth the price!

No comments:

Post a Comment