Nov 21, 2011

Review: Wet & Wild Comfort Zone (8 pan) Palette

I got this palette in a swap from a girl called Lacy. Reason why is because it's not sold outside the US. I think...
The price of this is $4.99, I'm pretty sure, and that's an amazing price for these 8 eyeshadows.

This is what the palette looks like, and as you can tell, I decided to mark the colours by numbers from 1-8, just because it would be a hasstle to write "left definer" "right lid shade" etc all the time. 
You understand that, right?

All of the colours in this palette is very pigmented, very blendable and totally awesome. With the exception of a few shades. I'll show you the swatches first so you can see..

 Here they all are, and as you can tell there are two shades that are a lot less pigmented than the others; shade 1, and shade 6. Shade one is a super pretty creamy shade, and the fact that it is one of the browbone/highlighter-shades kind of makes it ok for it to be this sheer. With shadew 6, on the other hand, it's not ok. In the pan it looks like a super pigmented black with gold shimmers. In the swatch it looks like a light gray with some gold in it. This is supposed to be a crease-shade, so not ok.

An other thing is that shade 6 and sometimes shade 7 too is very hard to blend compared to the other shades which is heaven to blend. With shade 7 it's not really a huge problem, you just have to work with it a little longer, but shade 6 is horriable. No pigmentation and hard to blend. Such a shame too, because the colour is gorgeous in the pan!

As you might know if you follow this blog, you're a subscriber to my youtube-channel or you "like" my facebook-page, is that I have a Project 15 Pan going, and that this is a palette I have chosen to use every day during it. That means, since I started the Project 15 Pan I've had different looks everyday, I don't want it to be a routine that I do the same way every day.

So, today, I have shade 8 in my outer corner and crease, with shade 3 on my lid and shade 1 as a browbone and inner corner highlight. I've also had ceveral other looks. Here's one of them:

 Here I used shade 1 as a browbone-highlight, shade 7 for my crease and outer corner and shade 8 as my lid-colour. The picture is a little washed out, but you get the idea.

I've also used shade 5 on the lid, blended into the crease with shade 1 as a highlight and much, much more.

I love the palette, you can get so many different looks from it, from a super simple, plain look, to the very edgy, dark smokey-eye.
Definetly worth the $5, and it would be worth at least the double!

4 comments:

  1. I've been wanting wet n wild eye shadows for a really long time now. I really wish they were available in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they're great! I know some of them are availiable on Ebay, but there's not alot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally these palettes are available in Denmark! YAY I have all 3 of these palettes I love them. I think Ebay is a good place to find the trios and the palettes, maybe not the single shadows though, and the price on ebay is a bit high but still cheaper than buyong them in stores in Denmark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly they're not availiable in Norway, but when they're in Denmark, then maybe they'll be soon :D Don't think I'm going to bet on ebay, haha

    ReplyDelete